About Pan IIT
PanIIT Alumni India (Pan IIT) is an umbrella organization, representing alumni of all Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
Vision & Mission
Dedicate the Knowledge Pool of Pan IIT Alumni for improving the Quality of Life of people of India.
Pan IIT is governed by its General Body comprising IIT Alumni Associations and IIT Alumni, and achieves pan-India Reach through its Regional Office structure.
About Pan IIT
PanIIT Alumni India (Pan IIT) is an umbrella organization, representing alumni of all Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). Pan IIT is a not-for-profit Society under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 with Registration No. S-56680 of 2006 dated 20 September 2006 duly registered with the Registrar of Societies, Government of NCT of Delhi, Delhi. It is the Indian legal entity of the global Pan IIT Alumni movement.
The movement, over the years, has developed and and spread in various parts of the world. Besides India, it has a very active presence in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Korea, Singapore, and Australia.
Dedicate the Knowledge Pool of Pan IIT Alumni for improving the Quality of Life of the people of India
- Integrate and derive synergy of the IIT system consisting of IITs, Faculty, Students, and Alumni, to build a ‘Knowledge Pool’ of Institutions, Enterprises and Experts
- Be the ‘Partner of Choice’ for the Governments, Institutions, and Enterprises in the Development of India
- Enable India to be a Global Leader of the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’ and the emerging ‘Economic Order’
Pan IIT is a not-for-profit Society under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 with Registration No. S-56680 of 2006 dated 20 September 2006 duly registered with the Registrar of Societies, Government of NCT of Delhi, Delhi. The Society is governed by its General Body (GB).
General Body (GB)
The General Body of PIAI presently comprises eight IIT Alumni Associations (the Institutional Members) and past PIAI Executive Council members (the Individual Members). The participating IIT Alumni Associations (AAs) are:
- IIT BHU Global AA
- IIT Bombay AA
- IIT Delhi AA
- IIT Guwahati AA
- IIT Kanpur AA
- IIT Kharagpur AA
- IIT Madras AA
- IIT Roorkee AA
It is envisioned that in time, Alumni Associations of newer IITs will join Pan IIT as well.
Executive Council (EC)
The General Body selects an Executive Council to run the affairs of the Society. The Executive Council comprises 32 members (4 from each of the 8 covered IITs). The term of the Executive Council lasts 2 years. Upon completion of their term, the Executive Council members become eligible for joining the General Body as Individual Members.
Office Bearers (OBs)
The Executive Council elects the following Office Bearers to lead the Execution efforts of Pan IIT:
National Headquarters (NHQ)
The Office Bearers, with additional members as applicable and a supporting Secretariat, form the National Headquarters (NHQ) of Pan IIT. The NHQ is responsible for:
- Executing the mandate of the GB
- Coordinating with and facilitating coordination among Regional Offices to leverage Synergies and expand Reach
- Strategic Planning in coordination with the Regional Offices
- Organizing Pan IIT Global Conferences through a Conference Team
- Any other Executive actions of Pan IIT
Regional & State Offices
Pan IIT achieves Pan-India Reach through five (5) Regional Offices, corresponding to 5 Regions of India. The Regional Offices are coordinated through the National HQ located in the National Capital Region (NCR).
Each Regional Office has a full replication of the structure of the National HQ and functions independently. The National HQ plays the role of fostering coordination and collaboration between Regional Offices and leveraging synergies.
A Regional Office institutes one or more State Offices under it on a need basis. Presently, Pan IIT has four (4) State Offices:
- Uttarakhand State Office headquartered at Dehradun
- Gujrat State Office headquartered at Ahmedabad
- Telangana State Office headquartered at Hyderabad
- Karnataka State Office headquartered at Bengaluru